In the seven years of combined experience among its volunteers on consular services, Outreach Ireland, a volunteer group that has been facilitating the Philippine Embassy Outreach Missions in Ireland, developed a new online booking system that addressed the following issues of the previous booking system:
- Prioritising Passport Renewal appointments prioritising Passport Expiry Date
- Providing Instant replies on requests and queries through a Consulate Hotline
- Providing updated and reliable information on embassy outreach missions through the Philippine Consulate Facebook Page and Outreach Ireland Facebook Page
- Having a Booking Committee that confirms appointments and accommodates a waiting list upon cancellations/non-confirmation.
- Having a well-trained document-checking team at the outreach missions.
The new booking system is set up to resolve the problems faced by Filipino nationals living in Ireland trying to renew their passport. In the past it was first-come-first-served and the capacity was limited to 200 passport renewals per Outreach. The new booking system prioritises those who need the serves the most and capacity has increased dramatically.
The appointment slots are mostly made up of applicants that only hold Philippine passports that are expired or that will expire soon. They are mostly made up of applicants that only hold Philippine passports that are expired or that will expire before December 2019.
The new booking system now looks at multiple factors:
- Date of Request for an appointment made
- Special circumstances such as urgent medical needs or other serious needs – Passport expiration date and ability to travel
- Citizenship (Purely Filipino or dual)
Until the Consulate opens, no appointments will be given for Civil Registration as this can be done by post with the Embassy in London.
Passport Application Slots
Priority will be given to
- Applicants who do not hold a second citizenship (The reason for this is those only holding Philippine passports do not have access to travel on a second passport)
- Based on the passport expiration date.
Reacquisition of Philippine Citizenship
In order to allow as many passports to be processed as possible by those who need it the most, applicants who applied for both Reacquisition of Philippine Citizenship and passport renewal will only be given an appointment for Reacquisition of Philippine Citizenship.
Until then Consulate opens, legalisation is fine by post to the embassy in London. In the meantime, to increase the number of passports that can be renewed by those who need it the most the number of appointment slots for notarial services is limited to about 15% of total bookings. It should be noted that this service is also available by post.
LEGALISATION OF DOCUMENTS FOR USE IN THE PHILIPPINES – For people with no appointment at the Outreach or cannot go to…
Pubblicato da Outreach Ireland su Mercoledì 6 febbraio 2019
Booking an Appointment for the Outreach
- You can book an appointment at www.outreachireland.com. You will receive an Automatic Reply, followed by a proposed date which you are required to confirm.
- Applicants on the lists will receive emails. Please confirm if you are attending or cancelling your appointment by replying to the email so we can accommodate as many applicants.
- Please check http://londonpe.dfa.gov.ph for requirements.